Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Morning Smoothie Does the Body (& Hair) Good!

Once upon a time I was making breakfast sandwiches or enjoying large bowels of cereal for breakfast everyday, but breastfeeding my son while I trying to eat (or cook) is a trick that I don't always have the energy to do. So as a new mother, I had to find quick and efficient ways to accomplish daily tasks, like eating, and having a smoothie in the morning has become invaluable.



I'm a huge fan of a "green smoothie" so I wanted to share my version and a few of the key health benefits. 


 Ingredients:

- 2 Bananas
- 2 cups of Spinach
- 2 tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 1/2 cup of Almond Milk
- 1 Mixed Fruit Cup

Bananas have potassium, vitamin C & B6, and fiber, just to name a few of its main nutrients, which help to improve heart health and circulation. The better the circulatory system is the more nutrients will reach your integumentary system (hair, skin, and nails) and improving its health and appearance.

Spinach contains iron, folate, vitamin C, and beta carotene which all help in hair health to prevent dry scalp and hair. The nutrients help to keep the hair follicles healthy and the natural scalp oil circulating.

The ground flaxseed is like a powerhouse of nutrients with essential omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and antioxidants which help improve the cardiovascular system, reduce inflammation, and lower cholesterol.

What's your "green smoothie" recipe?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics