Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How To Discover Newness in the Natural Hair Community

We've moved to CurlyNuGrowth.com!


The vast amount of information in the natural hair community can be overwhelming at times and it can also become mundane getting the same content time and time again.


Well, being the nerd that I am, I stumbled upon a great way to get information that you're interested in, from blogs you may never even knew existed, delivered right to your inbox; Google Alerts. Many of you may not know what I'm talking about, so let me explain.

If you go to Google.com/alerts you are able to set up custom alerts that are generated based on Google's search engine (and you know Google searches everything!). What makes this service so great is you can choose where the information comes from, when you want to receive it, and the quality of the content. Still a little confused? Let me show you one of my personal Google alerts...

I really enjoy finding other Sisterlock journeys and Sisterlock related events, so I created a "Sisterlocks" Google Alert.


Once I had the Google Alert setup, I sat back and awaited the delivery of some great information, and in true Google form, it didn't disappoint!


Honestly, since using Google Alerts, I have found at least 5 really great blogs and countless YouTube channels. The alerts have also notified me of upcoming natural hair events in my area, which has been invaluable. So if you're looking for some new content or just specific information, I encourage you to set up a few Google alerts!

And of course, share what you discover...

No comments:

Web Statistics