Wednesday, September 21, 2011

OyinHandmade x Dominion Ice Cream Social Recap

We've moved to CurlyNuGrowth.com!


Over the weekend, NaturalNouNou and I, went to the Ice Cream Social Meetup hosted by OyinHandmade and we had an AMAZING time!

(R -L) CurlyNuGrowth (Me), Jamyla & Honeybaby, NaturalNouNou (Art)

We ended up arriving at about 4:30 PM, unbeknownst to us that the event started at 3:00 PM, so we were a tad bit late lol, but that didn't stop the fun. In fact, I think getting there after everyone had cleared out was best!

Art indulging in the Burnt Sugar flavored ice cream

We got to sample all of the new flavors at the shop, which included flavors inspired by some of the OyinHandmade products like Burnt Sugar Pomade, Juices & Berries, and Fizzy Milk Shake. mmMMmm they were so delicious!

OyinHandmade Ice Cream Social

Thanks to one the Naturalistas there, I indulged in a great Dominion Ice Cream concoction; Deep Dish Apple Pie & Burnt Sugar Pomade ice cream atop a warm belgium waffle! Delicious doesn't even begin to explain its greatness!

Loc'd Love

After enjoying the delectable treats, we mingled and talked natural hair & our favorite OyinHandmade products. I learned that I'm not the only person that loves Frank Juice so much that we fill the bottle with water until we can get our hands on some more (don't judge us lol). Jamyla also shared a very good tip about maintaining the Burnt Sugar Pomade and I will be making a video about it soon (stay tuned).

The Bennus' - OyinHandmade Founders & Kiddies

Overall, the event was really fun & full of love! As much as you all know how I love OyinHandmade, I am even more in awe after meeting the wonders, that are Jamyla & Pierre, behind the magic!

If you're in the Baltimore area, I highly recommend stopping into Dominion Ice Cream for those delicious treats (I know I'll be back) and also the OyinHandmade shop (open Saturdays only)!

1 comment:

Web Statistics