Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Deep Conditioner of the Week:"Avocado Blend"

We've moved to CurlyNuGrowth.com!





I decided to do an avocado based deep-conditioner this week because I keep reading about all the benefits of avocados (*TBP)! There are many ways, or should I say additions, that can be added to an avaocado mix to be used a deep conditioner, so use what's best for your hair or experiment until you find the right combination!
  • Ingredients: Whole Avocado (minus the skin), Coconut Oil, EVOO
  • Consistency: Very Runny
  • Duration: ~30 minutes
  • Pre-Shampoo: Yes
  • Pre-Condition: No

Results: I Like! I Like! After rinsing out, the mix left my hair shiny of course (EVOO), but also it was really soft and felt moisturized! Even after two shampoos (Pretty Natural LLC Shampoo) my hair was still soft and moisturized!! Good Job Avocado!! - I will YouTube the process next time!

How To Do:
  1. Cut the Avocado in half, remove the middle and the skin.
  2. Pour in about half the can of coconut milk.
  3. Pour about ~3 Tbsp of EVOO
  4. 4. Mix. I wish I had blended it, but you can use a fork and/or spoon to mash the avocado with the ingredients.
  5. 5. Saturate hair.
    **FYI** This is really runny, so use a bottle or have a towel handy.
  6. 6. Let sit. Once I put my plastic cap on, I rolled up a few paper towels and put them around the edges so mix wouldn't drip out.

No comments:

Web Statistics