Saturday, August 8, 2009

Trial & Amazing... Pre-Condition/Wash/Conditioner

We've moved to CurlyNuGrowth.com!


Today, I tried a new regimen on my hair...and so far I like the results!! I tried the Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) rinse [TUTORIAL HERE] and a honey pre-condition!
**FYI: ACV doesn't smell as bad as I thought it would, and it does NOT linger in your hair! **


Benefits of Ingredients: (accumulated from research on forums and youtube vids):
  • Apple Cider Vinegar: The acid is naturally cleansing and is very similar to the natural oils in our hair, so it is very gentle.
  • Honey: Helps seal in moisture, and smells nice.
  • Carrot Oil: Helps fight breakage and split ends.
  • Tea Tree Oil: Cleansing and contains Vitamin E.
  • Coconut Oil: Moisturizer, adds sheen to hair.

Here's what I did:

Pre-Condition Products:
  • 2 tbsp of Honey
  • 4 tbsp of Coconut Oil
  • Spray Bottle
  • Shower Cap
  • Towel
Pre-Condition Application:
  1. I mixed the honey and the coconut oil in a small bowl. And put the towel in the dryer on High.
  2. I microwaved the mixed ingredients for 30 seconds (I recommend 15-20 seconds max).
  3. I then poured the melted contents into a spray bottle. I sprayed throughout my hair and then put on a plastic shower cap. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
  4. I then wrapped the, now hot, towel around my head and let it sit for another 15 minutes.

Wash/Shampoo Products:


  • Apple Cider Vinger
  • Applicaion Bottle
  • Taliah Waajid: Black Earth Shampoo

Wash/Shampoo Application:

  1. Poured 3oz. of ACV and 1 oz. of water into Application. Shake.
  2. Generously applied ACV Mix and massaged into scalp then rinse. Repeat twice.
  3. Shampooed with Taliah Waajid Shampoo, and rinsed.
**For an ACV Rinse Tutorial, watch [HERE]. 

Conditioner Products:


  • Taliah Waajid: Enhancing Herbal Conditioner
  • Tea Tree Oil
  • Carrot Oil
  • Wide-tooth Comb

Conditioner Application:

  1. Applied the Taliah Waajid Conditioner and combed through my hair.
  2. Generously applied Tea Tree Oil and Carrot Oil and massaged into scalp.
  3. Let sit at least 15 minutes. (I am letting it sit for an hour or so).

No comments:

Web Statistics