Friday, November 16, 2012

[Product Review] CURLS "Cashmere Curl Jelly" & "Leave-In Conditioner"

In review are the CURLS Leave-In Conditioner and the Cashmere Curl Jelly. After using both these products for a solid 2 weeks I can personally share how wonderful these products are!



Disclaimer: These products were sent to me by the lovely ladies at CURLS, but my review is 100% my opinion from my experience. 

Cashmere Curls "Leave-In Conditioner"
Ingredients:
Botanically Infused H2o, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Keratin - Cashmere Extract, Certified Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Certified Organic Anthemis Nobilis (Flower) Extract, Certified Organic Coconut Extract, Bean Tree, Lactamide MEA, Acetamide MEA, Polyquaternium-7, Polysorbate 80,Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Lactic Acid, Diisopropyl Adipate, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol, Natural Fragrance.

How To Use (From CURLS website):

  • Use alone as a curl defining, sheen enhancing, softening, and strengthening styler (fine-medium textured curls). 
  • Use under your favorite CURLS styler to soften, hydrate, enhance curl definition (thick, kinky textured curls). 
  • Mixed with your favorite CURLS conditioner to deep treat your tresses.


How I Used It:
I mainly used this product after shampoo'ing and/or conditioning my hair. What I love about this leave-in is that it has a liquefied consistency so it is easy to apply to your hair while its wet, but it also goes on great when it's dry. This product smells really good too! I tried this leave-solely without adding a styling aide and while it kept my hair soft, my curls craved a moisturizer. Another way I tried this product is on my hair after a few days without shampoo'ing my hair just to revitalize my curls. This product definitely helped to being my curls back to life and in conjunction with the Cashmere Curl Jelly my curly 'fro was back without having to shampoo and condition my hair all over again.


Cashmere Curl Jelly 


Ingredients:
Purified Water, Vegetable Glycerin, Lactamide MEA, Acetamide MEA, Polyquaternium-7, Polysorbate 80, Cashmere Extract, Cerifiied Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Certified Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Certified Organic Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract,PEG-40 Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyquaternium-10, Certified Organic Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Polyquaternium-11, Lactic Acid, Bean Tree Palmitate, Diisopropyl Adipate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance Purpose.

How To Use (From CURLS website):
Formulated with certified organic Cashmere extract, this dream styler adds sheen, repairs overworked, damaged hair, and elongates tightly curled hair all lin one step! Ideal styler for curlies with tightly coiled textured tresses that are looking for remarkable sheen and added length. Works great with twist out, braid out, roller/straw sets, and other natural styles

How I Used It: 
This product was presented to me as a solution for kinky hair to achieve curl definition and when I heard that I was really skeptical if it would actually work on my curly texture. It was a pleasant surprise when the Cashmere Curl Jelly gave me some of the best curl definition I had ever seen! I used it immediately after shampoo'ing and/or conditioning my hair to make my curls pop and it did. Since using this product, I have been recommending it to everyone. If you want to see how amazing these products works on a big frizzball of hair, check out my "How To Refresh Your 'Fro" video below...



Overall I would recommend both the Leave-In and and Cashmere Curl Jelly for any hair texture, and especially ladies with tightly coiled textures! If you would like to purchase some CURLS products, they are available online at Curls.biz and at Target.

Have you tried any CURLS products? What was your experience like? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics