Friday, February 3, 2012

Introducing... Victoria's Loose Natural Hair Journey!

Victoria is the Naturalista behind ClassyCurlies.com! She shares her adornment with natural hair and some of her favorite all natural products!


How long have you been natural/ transitioning?
Transitioned for 14 months and Natural for 6 months

What or who inspired you to go natural?
I saw how fast my hair was growing without a relaxer and I loved it! The more research I did, the more I fell in love with the look of natural hair. The rest is history.

What products are you currently using in your hair?
I use Tea Tree Oil because it helps with dry and itchy scalp. I use Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie to do twists simply because I LOVE the ingredients- it’s all natural! I also use Aussie Moist or Hello Hydration for conditioning and Organix Moroccan Oil shampoo from time to time.

What products have you tried and highly recommend?
I LOVE the Curl Enhancing Smoothie. It smells so good and it is filled with really great ingredients. It keeps hair really moisturized.

What products (if any) have you tried and do not recommend?
I do not like the Shea Moisture Curl and Shine Mist. I really don’t like the smell but to me it seems TERRIBLY greasy.

What is one thing that you know now, that you wish you knew in the beginning of your journey?
I didn’t know that there was an entire community of women with natural hair. I knew of Curly Nikki but that’s all. Finding other females going through the same thing is inspiring.

What reference(s) do you frequent for information about products, advice, and/or tutorials about natural hair?
CurlyNikki.com, iknowlee(YT), Queenofthe4s.blogspot.com, LoveDestinee.blogspot.com. I also usually try to look at videos that fit my hair type and length.

What advice would you give to someone considering going natural?
Going natural is not only a physical change, it is also a mental one. People will try to tear you apart because you look so different than what is "accepted" and it is all about gaining that inner confidence and being yourself. It’s great to stand out :)

Anything else you'd like to share?
Anyone who is interested in going natural please do research first. It could make your journey that much more wonderful. Also visit my site at ClassyCurlies.com.



Stay Connected With Victoria
Twitter: @ThatGirlvkey



If you're interested in being featured on the CurlyNuGrowth blog, submit your Hair Story [HERE].

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics