Monday, December 10, 2012

[Product Review] Chunky Twist Out with Liquid Pomade

You saw in the Carol's Daughter Holiday Mixer Recap [HERE] that I picked up some of the "Hair Balm: Liquid Pomade" and was anxious to try a Twist-Out with it. 


After the event, I immediately went home and did a few twists on my old Wash-N-Go with the Hair Balm....



Since my hair was in an Old Wash-N-Go it was a little dry, but I loved that the Hair Balm added moisture to my hair, revived my curls, and wasn't really greasy. After feeling how amazing my twist felt with the product, I just knew my Twist-Out was going to be amazing! 

The ingredients in the Hair Balm include: 
Soybean Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Beeswax, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Fragrance, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, and Annatto Seed Extract. 
The next day, I took out the Twists to see my Twist-Out results and I was kind of disappointed. This is my hair right out if the twists...





The Hair Balm weighed my curls down to much that my hair came out pretty flat, so I tried to give it more volume by stretching the curls with a comb.



Even after stretching the curls, I wasn't happy with the results, so I just slicked down the front with some water and a few clips. 



Can you see the disappointment in my face, LOL?! I was disappointed because the Hair Balm didn't have enough hold to give me a really defined Twist-Out and also allow my soft curls to have some volume.

Have you tried the Hair Balm: Liquid Pomade or any other Carol's Daughter products? What are your thoughts of her products? 




2 comments:

  1. Yea your face says it all...LOL Sorry it didn't work out for you!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics